Labels

Friday, December 9, 2011

Now for this week....

It has been all about the fractions and Solar System this week. We have had a lot of fun exploring the planets and discussing all the possibilities if this newly discovered planet.

The students have LOVED exploring the Solar System through http://nineplanets.org/tour/, the "Tour of the Galaxy" posters, along with the various books on the different planets. They were able to use these resources for a variety of assignments in class along with research for their Solar System project that they will turn in on Monday! I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THEM!!




The students have also had an opportunity to do some discovering of fractions this week as they were asked to divide a number of candy bars and oranges (paper) among both a smaller and larger number of people. There was a little disequilibrium for a while but they worked through it and got the job done!

They did such a great job that at the end they each got an orange to take to lunch with them. I told them that as they ate them they were to think about their fractions.

I'm not sure if they thought about the fractions but I know for sure that they ate them... when I walked into the cafeteria to pick them up thats all I could smell!



Great job guys!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun website! I'll have to remember that one for next year!

    ReplyDelete